Amazon Fire TV is an excellent streaming device that’s perfect for breathing a new life and reviving an aging TV. IPTV Guide. The Fire TV OS on this streaming device comes with all the essential features you need out of the box, but there are a few advanced options that are hidden under developer options. That’s right, the Fire TV OS also has a hidden developer options menu like the one you have on Android phones. It includes an option that lets you sideload applications, along with some more advanced settings like ADB Debugging and Deep Sleep mode.
You’ll find these developer options on all Fire TV OS devices, including the Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Cube, and even TVs that run Fire TV OS. These developer options used to be out in the regular settings menu for everyone to access, and it wasn’t until recently that Amazon decided to put them out of sight. Thankfully, Amazon didn’t get rid of them entirely, and they’re still fairly easy to access in case you need them.
Turning on Apps from Unknown Sources on an Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, Fire TV Cube, or Fire TV Smart TV allows you to sideload app APKs onto the device from within another app, like Downloader. These instructions show you how to find Developer Options and allow the installation via side loading. If you are wondering how to get to these settings, then here’s a step-by-step guide detailing how to access the developer options on Amazon Fire TV.
How to download Downloader App on Amazon Fire TV
If you want to know how to install Downloader on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you’ve come to the right place. Additionally, in this step-by-step guide, you will familiarize yourself with Downloader, find out whether it’s legal and safe to use, what devices you can install it on, and what to do if you are having problems with installing Downloader on your Fire Stick.
1. On the Home Screen, click on the Find option.
2. Choose Search, and in the search bar, type Downloader.
3. Click on the Download button and wait for the app to install.
4. When the app is installed, click on the Open button.
How to access developer options on Amazon Fire TV IPTV Guide
If the main navigation menu on your Fire TV home screen is in the center of the screen. Then your device has the latest interface and you may continue to the first step.
1. From the Fire TV home screen, scroll to Settings, which is the gear icon on the far right of the main navigation menu.
2. Scroll down and select the “My Fire TV” menu if you are using a Fire TV Stick or Fire TV Cube, or the “Device & Software” menu if you are using a Fire TV Smart TV.
3. Now the next step you will access is Developer Options.
Note: If you do not see Developer Options, go to Settings > My Fire TV Stick > About. Now, select Fire TV Stick and click it 7 times to enable Developer Options.
How to allow Apps from Unknown Sources on an Amazon Fire TV
If the bottom option is labeled “Apps from Unknown Sources” then select it to turn it ON and you’re done. Otherwise, if the bottom option is labeled “Install unknown apps” then continue to the next step.
1. Select the “Developer options” menu.
2. Select the “Install unknown apps” menu option.
3. Select the app name, such as Downloader, to allow that app to install app APK files.